Built in 1608 in the Baroque style, the originally three-story building was raised in the 18th century and adorned with St. Andrew’s crosses. Since the mid-15th century, the family later known as the Egloffs of Zell had owned property in Radolfzell. In 1557, following the example of many nobles, Hans Egloff settled in the town as a “Satzbürger” (a non-voting citizen). This status allowed him to enjoy many of the benefits of urban life while being exempt from civic duties; however, he was also excluded from all civic rights.
Today, the building houses a restaurant.